We value children by:
- keeping the well-being, early development and learning of children as the focus in everything we do;
- respecting children as individuals and naturally inquisitive learners;
- building sensitive, constructive relationships that develop confident and capable learners;
- using current research to inform our teaching and learning;
- supporting staff with their continuous development of knowledge and capacity as mentors, teachers and trusted colleagues of children and parents;
- using the Early Years Learning Frameworkto guide our planning and relationships with children; and
- creating environments that foster creativity, innovation, discovery, inquiry, questioning and problem solving.
The Early Years Learning Framework says:
- early learning is particularly significant as it lays the foundation for ALL learning;
- children, no matter how young, are respected contributing members of the community;
- a child’s experiences are both life and preparation for life; and
- children, even very young children, are often more competent, more intelligent, more capable than they are perceived or understood to be.
You can download learning frameworks and associated resources including Being, Belonging and Becoming – The Early Years Framework for Australia and My Time, Our Place – Framework for School Age Care in Australia here.